John Barrowman pantomime gig axed amid ‘inappropriate behaviour’ claims

John Barrowman’s planned performance in a pantomime this winter has been scrapped, it’s claimed.

The Doctor Who actor, 54, was reportedly due to perform as The Wicked Queen in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs at the Bristol Hippodrome this Christmas.

His axing from the show means he will miss out on a six-figure pay packet, the Daily Star reports.

John’s reps told the publication that he has quit the show because its four-week run will clash with the dates for his upcoming UK tour.

A spokesperson told the Daily Star Sunday: “John’s concert tour has been rescheduled, owing to the knock-on effect of lockdowns.

John Barrowman's planned performance in a pantomime this winter has been scrapped, it's claimed.
John Barrowman’s planned performance in a pantomime this winter has been scrapped, it’s claimed.
(Image: Getty Images)

“This means he has sadly had to withdraw from pantomime commitments this year. His tour will be announced later this month.”

The Mirror has contacted a rep for John Barrowman and is awaiting comment.

It comes amid resurfaced allegations about him acting “inappropriately” in the workplace.

John in Dick Whittington at the Manchester Opera House
John in Dick Whittington at the Manchester Opera House
(Image: Publicity Picture)

He was claimed to have exposed himself numerous times on the set of the BBC’s Doctor Who and its spin-off show Torchwood.

The allegations came to light after a clip of Noel Clarke – who is also facing allegations, which he has denied – joked about John showing his genitals “every five seconds” and ‘hitting on everything” on set.

John issued an apology when the claims resurfaced, saying: “With the benefit of hindsight, I understand that upset may have been caused by my exuberant behaviour and I have apologised for this previously.

John in panto in 2017
John in panto in 2017
(Image: Publicity Picture)

“Since my apology in November 2008, my understanding and behaviour have also changed.

John was reportedly axed from Dancing On Ice due to the reports.

An ITV spokesperson said in a statement: “Any discussions regarding the 2022 series of Dancing On Ice are very premature.”

The panto clashes with his upcoming tour
The panto clashes with his upcoming tour
(Image: WireImage)

Earlier this week, John took to Instagram to thank his followers for supporting him over the last month.

He said: “Hi everybody it’s John here and I just want to say thank you very much to all of my fan family and everybody who has reached out with the countless messages of support over the last few weeks.

“It has meant such a great deal to me and has really touched me to know that people are supporting me and standing by me and sending their love and all their appreciation and kind words.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *