What To Know Before JAMB Examination?
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board is an examination body like a bridge that every and anyone who is ready for Tertiary Education must be able to write and pass the exam in radiant excellent. And my aim and objective is to enlighten you on how this exam is being conducted, the way to accomplish victory and come out in flying colors.
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board have come out with a suitable way of by which the examination will be conducted on daily basis, the candidate are expected know that all examination is Computer Based Test (CBT). so there are some merit and demerit about the system of Computer Based Test (CBT).
For candidate yet to register, try to get your e-pin on or before the deadline. You will not be able to register for 2021 UTME/DE despite the fact that the actual registration deadline is as no accredited CBT registration center will accept your request for UTME/DE registration without an e-PIN.
For candidate yet to register, try to get your e-pin on or before 10th May 2021. You will not be able to register for 2021 UTME/DE despite the fact that the actual registration deadline is May 15th as no accredited CBT registration center will accept your request for UTME/DE registration without an e-PIN.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has disclosed the reinforcement of the Central Admissions Processing System (CAPS) Mobile App for all its candidates’ admission related issues. According to the Board, candidates expecting admissions from institutions need not visit any Computer-Based Centre (CBT) or Cybercafé to check their admission status for necessary action other than using the downloaded app.
Examination conduct with computer has advantages over the traditional Paper-Based Test (PBT) method, ranging from improved efficiency to cost-effectiveness. The benefits include:
- Faster scoring, reporting, and access to results.
- Accuracy, consistency and reliability of results. It provides uniformly precise scores for test-takers.
- Test-takers can edit their answers on screen during the exam without wasting ink or paper.
- The test is easy to understand and the timer and hint functions [in some exams] allow test-takers to get the best from their exam performance.
- In some listening tests, the use of headphones for the listening elements of tests mean that examinees can adjust the volume to suit individual needs.
- Examiners and examinees don’t need ink and paper, so it saves cost.
Demerit of CBT Exam:
On the other hand, like everything, computer-based tests also have a few disadvantages. Let’s take a look at the drawbacks CBTs below.
- It is an expensive option and this factor can deter many government organisations from opting for it. Test delivery firms such as Pearson, Prometric, VUE and TCS are usually way above the budget for the government-run examinations.
- There is a possibility of a technical glitch, power outrage or a system failure.
- There is an uneven distribution of internet network as the internet network in some areas can be poor.
Get latest news update from www.globaltimesng.com