Three construction workers who were kidnapped by gunmen last Tuesday in Ondo State have regained freedom.
The workers were engaged to work in the construction firm handling the 16 kilometres Ikaram-Akunu-Akoko highway.
Work in the road has slowed down since last week as other workers were scared of returning to the site.
The abducted workers were said to have been released on Saturday night but it was not confirmed if any ransom was paid.
A source said they were taken to an undisclosed hospital for medical check up.
Ondo Police spokesman, ASP Tee-Leo Ikoro, confirmed release of the workers but failed to give further details.