The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) has published operation guidelines ahead of the resumption of operations in airports across the country.
Although the federal government has not announced the resumption date for flight operations, airlines, airports and aviation agencies have been asked to develop guidelines for resumption.
According to Musa Nuhu, director-general of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), the agency would have to review the guideline documents and physically confirm the existence of the needed equipment before issuing a directive on flight resumption.
June 21 had earlier been announced as the tentative date for the resumption of domestic flights in the country.
Here is a list of resumption guidelines already announced by FAAN.
- People coming to pick up arriving passengers are advised to remain in their car until the passenger exits the gate
- Passengers are expected to maintain social distance while boarding the co-bus
- Maintain 6ft distance from other travellers at all times
- Escorts coming with VIPs will not be allowed into the departure hall, only travelling passengers
- You must wear a facemask to gain access to the airport terminal building
- Non-travelling passengers will not be allowed into the airport terminal building
- You are advised to arrive at the airport three hours before your flight due to the new COVID-19 safety checks